In this episode, I'm joined by Lurch and Rick “Big Daddy” Kane. Rick recently purchased a 2019 BMW GS 850 adventure motorcycle. Several of the guys here at Law Abiding Biker (LAB) purchased adventure motorcycles in the last couple of years. Rick, himself, has owned several adventure motorcycles over the years. He talks about why he chose the BMW of other adventure motorcycles and the Kawasaki KLR 650 in particular.
One reason Rick choose the BMW GS 850 is he lives approximately 90 miles from us here in the Yakima, WA area. We do most of our adventure riding around Yakima. We are lucky to have lots of good riding right out our backdoor. Rick wanted a bike that was comfortable for that 90-mile ride to meet up with us.
Highlights of the 2019 BMW F 850 GS:
- 2-cylinder in-line engine with a displacement of 853 ccs with 95 horsepower at 8250 rpm, and 68-foot pounds at 6250 rpm.
- A crankshaft journal offset of 90 degrees and firing interval of 270/450 degrees.
- New, robust steel bridge frame in monocoque construction for increased riding precision.
- New telescopic fork/upside-down telescopic fork plus double-sided aluminum swinging arm with central spring strut for more sensitive response characteristics.
- ABS, ASC plus ‘Rain’ and ‘Road’ riding modes included as standard.
- Pro riding modes with ABS Pro and dynamic brake light, DTC, and the new riding modes ‘Dynamic’, ‘Enduro’, and ‘Enduro Pro’ are available as optional equipment ex works.
- ESA electronic suspension adjustment is available as optional equipment.
- A self-amplifying, anti-hopping clutch for a discernible reduction in hand clutch operating force.
- LED headlight (low and high beam) as standard. LED daytime riding light as optional equipment.
- Connectivity with multi-functional instrument cluster and 6.5-inch full-color TFT display plus numerous features as optional equipment.
- Intelligent emergency call function is now offered for the first time as optional equipment for the middle class.
- Optimized off-road and travel ability plus improved wind and weather protection.
- Sharper GS profile resulting from the new design.
As many of you know, Rick is the LAB Store manager. Rick gives an update on the store operations and new products. We greatly appreciate you supporting us by purchasing items from our store. We have competitive prices and you are helping support a small business.
NEW FREE VIDEO RELEASED:
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson & Goldwing
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- CLICK HERE
- Want to ride longer?
- Tired of a sore and achy ass?
- Then fix it with a high-quality Butt Buffer seat cushion?
- Charles Huber of North Olmsted, Ohio
- Robert Walters of Cove City, North Carolina
- Greg Root of Kalkaska, Michigan
- Mitch Peters of Simi Valley, California
- Brian Lunsford of Channelview, Texas
- Thomas McNulty
- Michael Stinnette of Huntington Beach, California
- Cory Salyers of Lancaster, Ohio
- David Gillespie of Lake Havasu City, Arizona
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation:
- Carl Stout
- Darrence Lovejoy of Charlotte, North Carolina
- Howard Stinson of Salida, California
Join the Free Email Club!
If you appreciate this free information make sure to join the thousands of law abiding bikers that have already joined the free Email Club! You will be notified of new useful motorcycle content and techniques as we put them out. Join the Community now!