If you want to stay up to date on all Harley Davidson Boom!™ Box updates and issues, subscribe to the free Law Abiding Biker Email list below:
Harley Davidson and Harman Kardon silently released Boom!™ Box software update version 1.18.3 on January 19, 2015. Bikaholics everywhere are wondering if they should update. Well, that is what I have been here for all along. I will take the leap of faith for you and test the update to make sure it does not brake more than it fixes like in the past. Keep checking back here, subscribe to our YouTube channel, and listen to the weekly Law Abiding Biker Podcast to learn the results.
If you don't know how to properly update your system software and maps then check out my Official Boom!™ Box Software Update Video.
- Added capability to view information about a point of Interest, HD Dealership, recent destination, saved destination, home, or XM fuel price station while in a current route
- Added capability to cancel “next waypoint” (FINALLY)
- Increased waypoint to 100 (OMG! THAT HAS BEEN A THORN IN OUR SIDE FOREVER!)
- Fixed automatic screen brightness
- Fixed map zoom level
- Performance and stability enhancements (WELL I HOPE SO)
Fixed in this update is part of the navigation system, which now allows you to upload up to 100 waypoints from Ride Planner! If you aren't using Harley Davidson's Ride Planner to integrate with your Boom!™ Box system then you are missing out on all the awesome capabilities. I have a great Harley Davidson Ride Planner video that will teach you everything you need to know on how to use the free software, download a planned ride, and upload it into your Boom!™ Box.
Of course the purchase of any of my Boom!™ Box series of videos includes free updates as things change with the software updates or new things are learned. All customers that have already made a purchase are getting the latest information, tips, and tricks for free. That is my commitment to the biker community! That's how I roll……………..
Law Abiding Biker Podcast: (Get hooked up and don't miss out)
We discuss the Boom!™ Box system and up to date issues frequently on the weekly Law Abiding Biker Podcast, so get subscribed and always have the freshest information! You aren't going to get it from Harley-Davidson, trust me on that.
- iTunes (Apple/iPhone/iPad)
- Our official Apple & Android App
- Stitcher Radio (Android)
- Listen from this website
- TuneIn Radio
As I have stated, Harley Davidson put the cart before the horse a bit on the Boom Box for the Rushmore Project and is playing catch up now. The system is awesome, but has several issues. I truly believe these issues will be corrected in time with the ongoing software updates.
Remember, the Boom Box is just a computer and needs routine software and map updates just like your smartphone or computer. They are constantly improving the way the system operates and fixing bugs, so this is critical.
Here are some very helpful videos, so you can become familiar with and operate the Boom!™ Box system to include updating the system software:
- TUTORIAL VIDEO-Complete Harley Davidson “Boom Box” Infotainment System GPS Stereo Tutorial
- TUTORIAL VIDEO-Harley Davidson Boom Box Infotainment Software & Map Update Tutorial
- TUTORIAL VIDEO-Complete Harley Davidson Ride Planner & GPS Guide
Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up!