Harley Davidson is equipping all 2014 and later touring models with the Boom!™ Box Infotainment System. Frustrating to many bikers/motorcyclists is the fact that there is absolutely no bluetooth headset capable of pairing with the system. There is a wired only solution at this time, which we will discuss below if you are interested.
As I have said here many times, Harley Davidson put the cart before the horse on releasing this Boom Box system. Although the system does some amazing things, it does have a steep learning curve that we can help flatten with our #1 ranked Harley Davidson Boom!™ Box Tutorial videos! The system is getting better and better with continuing software updates. Make sure your system software is up to date at all times. We show you how to do that in our Harley Boom Box Software & Map Update Video.
Want to run a wired headset with your Harley Boom!™ Box?
Harley Parts Needed Below
Plug & Play
Once you install the below items you can make calls or receive calls and voice navigate the Boom!™ Box Infotainment system.
If you appreciate this info, please consider purchasing any of the below items through our Adventure Harley Davidson Affiliate Link! (just cut and paste any of the items below into the search box on their site after clicking on the affiliate link)
Boom! Audio Full Helmet Premium Music and Communications Headset-77117-10
Boom! Audio Music and Communications Kit-69200865
Further items of interest:
- Boom! Audio SiriusXM Satellite Radio Kit-76000351
- I am personally not a fan of Sirius XM Radio, as I listen to podcasts and music from my smartphone to my Boom Box instead. Take a listen to the weekly Law Abiding Biker Podcast!
Boom! Audio Hidden AM/FM/WB Antenna-76000513
- You will have your fairing off anyways, so you might want to add this
Tips & Tricks (sent by a community member):
- For the communication cable from your headset to the bike.
- Plug it in and make sure that everything works. Then Using a small tip silver sharpie, draw a small line between the two connectors. Be sure to draw the lines where you can see them easily when you're inserting the connectors.
- This will help you line the plug up properly when plugging it together over and over and alleviate bending any pins in the connectors, which can easily happen.
- You do not want to twist and turn trying to get the two connectors to hook up. This will result in bending one of the pins.
- You can carry a small magnifying glass and a very small flat head screwdriver that will fit in the smallest connector with you in case you need to make a repair.
- The connectors are pretty tight at first but will loosen up with use.
Here is an option on eBay (Being tested and reviewed by us)
Join our Free Email Club if you want to know when we come out with new updated information and Free videos!
Has anyone added Sirius xm to the boom box, can it be done
R. Kane says
Yes you can. HD offers a unit that plugs into the back of the unit. I have it on mine. Hope that helps.
Thanks Kane, I used my xm radio from the car last year but the antenna wire was a problem and where to mount it. big mess of wires.
Just bought 2015 street glide. Couldn’t find wired headset on your website.
Matt Couchman says
We discontinued the headsets because of issues with our distributor. I apologize.
Ride Safe & Ride Often!
Jose A Zapata Ayala says
Do you plan to bring back the headset adapter anytime soon?
Matt Couchman says
We had problems with our manufacture and decided to discontinue the headsets. We only want to sell the best products possible. We don’t plan on bring them back anytime soon. Sorry.
Ryan Urlacher says
Sorry Jose, we discontinued selling our headset due to the manufacturer not being able to meet our demands. We only recommend Harley-Davidson brand wired headsets at this time.
Here are some affiliate links to the Harley headsets we recommend. No additional cost to you, but we get a small kickback if you click through and purchase. Helps support us if you appreciate what we do.
1. Harley-Davidson® BOOM!™ Audio Full Helmet Premium Music and Communications Headset – 77117-10
2. Harley-Davidson® BOOM! Audio™ Half Helmet Music and Communications Headset – 76572-09
3. Harley-Davidson® BOOM! Audio™ Half Helmet Music Headset – Black – 76569-09
**Here is a link to a page we created with further information and links: https://www.lawabidingbiker.com/sevenpininstall
Thanks for you support………