See ALL Official Boom!™ Box Tutorial Videos!
-Join the thousands of bikers that are no longer stressing!
Videos By Bikers For Bikers
If you want to stay up to date on all Harley Davidson Boom!™ Box updates and issues, subscribe to the free Law Abiding Biker Email list below:
Harley Davidson and Harman Kardon silently released Boom!™ Box software update version 1.19.1 in July, 2015. Bikaholics everywhere are wondering if they should update. Well, that is what I have been here for all along. I took the leap of faith for you and tested the update to make sure it does not break more than it fixes like in the past.
I give the green light to update to this new version, 1.19.1. Mostly, because I heavily tested the last update, version 1.19.0, and in this newest version, 1.19.1, only one new item was added to the update list. Other than that it was all the same exact updates/fixes we saw in version 1.19.0 back in May, 2015. Not sure why they came out with a new version for one item? That one new item is labeled as “Road Tech zumo prompts inaudible”.
If you don't know how to properly update your system software and maps then check out my Official Boom!™ Box Software Update Video.
This update claims to fix the following: (1.19.1)
-High Contrast Day Colors
- Road Tech zumo prompts inaudible (Only new item for this update)(Below items were all in version 1.19.0)
- AVC inoperable until the first time it is adjusted
- Radio does not switch between units properly
- Volume adjustment from hand controls does not function
- Presets do not recall correct station/media
- Radio remains “off” after engine crank
- Address field cannot be edited
- Radio stuck on splash screen/accept screen
- Temperature between C & F inaccurate
- WB seek up/down broken after ignition cycle
- Radio system stays on after shutdown for an extended period
- Traffic Announcements not working
- AM/FM Reception missing strong stations on seek
- Media not playing after ignition cycle
- Brazil dealerships missing
- Performance and stability enhancements
The Boom Box & Harley Davidson Ride Planner have been working pretty well together. The Boom Box Navigation has been more stable too! If you aren't using Harley Davidson's Ride Planner to integrate with your Boom!™ Box system then you are missing out on all the awesome capabilities. I have a great Harley Davidson Ride Planner video that will teach you everything you need to know on how to use the free software, download a planned ride, and upload it into your Boom!™ Box.
Of course the purchase of any of my Boom!™ Box series of videos includes free updates as things change with the software updates or new things are learned. All customers that have already made a purchase are getting the latest information, tips, and tricks for free. That is my commitment to the biker community! That's how I roll……………..
Law Abiding Biker Podcast: (Get hooked up and don't miss out)
We discuss the Boom!™ Box system and up to date issues frequently on the weekly Law Abiding Biker Podcast, so get subscribed and always have the freshest information! You aren't going to get it from Harley-Davidson, trust me on that.
- iTunes (Apple/iPhone/iPad)
- Our official Apple & Android App
- Stitcher Radio (Android)
- Listen from this website
- TuneIn Radio
As I have stated, Harley Davidson put the cart before the horse a bit on the Boom Box for the Rushmore Project and is playing catch up now. The system is awesome, but has several issues. I truly believe these issues will be corrected in time with the ongoing software updates.
Remember, the Boom Box is just a computer and needs routine software and map updates just like your smartphone or computer. They are constantly improving the way the system operates and fixing bugs, so this is critical.
Here are some very helpful videos, so you can become familiar with and operate the Boom!™ Box system to include updating the system software:
- TUTORIAL VIDEO-Complete Harley Davidson “Boom Box” Infotainment System GPS Stereo Tutorial
- TUTORIAL VIDEO-Harley Davidson Boom Box Infotainment Software & Map Update Tutorial
- TUTORIAL VIDEO-Complete Harley Davidson Ride Planner & GPS Guide
Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up!
Rodrigo Ramos says
My Boombox is version 1.18.2 6.5 Premium. Is not updating because is saying the image of version 1.21 is incompatiple. Can I download the version 1.19.1 and upgrade?
Ryan Urlacher says
Yah, I think I understand the question. Grab 1.19.1 and update. should be good to go