Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
In this podcast episode, I had the pleasure of talking with Paul James, Sr. Manager of Public Relations at Harley-Davidson, and Mike Case, Group Chief Engineer for Vehicle Platforms at Harley-Davidson about the Pan America, Harley's first dive into the adventure motorcycle market. To get up to speed, make sure to watch my video titled, The Real Harley-Davidson Pan America Adventure Touring Motorcycle Release-What You Want to Know!
SUPPORT US AND SHOP IN THE OFFICIAL LAW ABIDING BIKER STORE
With the adventure segment of the market already well established with bikes like the BMW R 1250 GS Adventure, a direct competitor to the Pan America, a ton of market research and customer feedback was gathered prior to the creation of the Pan America.
I learned during our conversation that Harley-Davidson did not go into this project lightly and really did their homework to make sure the Pan America would be a serious competitor in the adventure market, yet with its own unique style and flare. This is a completely new frame and an all new engine, the Revolution Max 1250 liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, V-twin engine, which has double overhead camshafts. The Revolution Max puts out 145 horsepower, 94 ft-lb of torque, and gets around 46 mpg.
CHECK OUT OUR HUNDREDS OF FREE HELPFUL VIDEOS ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND SUBSCRIBE!
There is a ton of technology baked into the Pan America such as adaptive ride height, rider modes, electronically adjustable suspension modes, a six-axis IMU, adaptive lighting, and a 6.8″ touchscreen infotainment system, just to name a few.
Paul and Mike break everything down in this podcast episode to include the design process, specifications, and marketing of the Pan America. So, you'll have to listen in to this episode to get all the details. It'll be well worth your time if you're at all interested in this new adventure motorcycle from Harley-Davidson.
Paul James has worked in powersports his entire career, working as a journalist in the snowmobile industry, in marketing at Arctic Cat, Inc. (snowmobile, ATV and PWC) and for the past 23 years at Harley-Davidson. Paul has held a variety of roles at H-D, including Marketing/PR, Events, Product Planning, and Go-to-Market. He is currently Sr. Manager Public Relations and is an avid motorcycle rider and racer.
Mike Case is a lifelong motorcyclist and has spent his entire career in automotive and powersports and the last 19 years at Harley-Davidson. He is currently the Group Chief Engineer for Vehicle Platforms and oversaw the team that brought the all-new Pan America and Revolution Max engine to life.
NEW FREE VIDEO RELEASED:
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson & Goldwing
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- CLICK HERE
- Want to ride longer?
- Tired of a sore and achy ass?
- Then fix it with a high-quality Butt Buffer seat cushion?
- John Fuller of North Highlands , California
- Brian Danker of Redwood City, California
- Kin Britton of Spartanburg , South Carolina
- Sam Piper of Longwood, Florida
- William Buttrum of New Windsor, Maryland
- Faron Boyer of Roseboro, North Carolina
- Michael Schlemmer of Bend, Oregon
- Aaron Prendergast of Lynn, Massachussetts
- Robert Gilliam
- Brian Peterson of Norton Shores, Michigan
- Frank Stephenson of Clearlake, California
- Jim Rasco of Houston, Texas
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation:
- Jack Rebert of Phoenix, AZ
- Samuel Orr of Mechanicsville, VA
- Matthew Shatek of Fort Atkinson, Iowa
Join the Free Email Club!
If you appreciate this free information make sure to join the thousands of law abiding bikers that have already joined the free Email Club! You will be notified of new useful motorcycle content and techniques as we put them out. Join the Community now!
Leave a Reply