If you want to stay up to date on all Harley Davidson Boom!™ Box updates and issues, subscribe to the free Law Abiding Biker Email list below:
Harley Davidson and Harman Kardon just released Boom!™ Box software update version 220.127.116.11 on March 27, 2017. This comes after software update versions 1.20.3 that was released in January 2017. We have received many inquiries from bikers asking if they should update to this latest version. It is always a good idea to wait and see if an update fixes more than it breaks and let me have some time to test things.
Note: This particular update if for the Boom Box 4.3 Standard, 6.5T Premium, and the CVO 6.5GT systems. I give the go ahead to update to this new Boom Box software update version, 18.104.22.168.
I installed and tested this update for you. As usual, don't expect any miracles and that suddenly all things will be fixed for ever user. They still have a long way to go to get rid of all the problems that persist with the Harley Boom!™ Box Infotainment System. We are all skeptical that they'll ever get the Boom Box working perfectly at this point.
Question: If I get behind on updating my Boom Box software, will I have to go back and install each past update I missed?
Answer: No, you do not have to update incrementally. If you get behind, just grab the latest software update here and install it. It will update everything you need including past updates. There is no access to the older updates from the Harley website anyways.
Resources & videos:
Harley Boom Box Software Update Version 1.20.2 (Siri Integration)
Remember; The Harley Boom!™ Box still has many annoying bugs and problems, so don't expect this software update to suddenly fix everything.
If you don't know how to properly update your system software and maps then check out my Official Boom!™ Box Software Update Video.
This update claims to fix the following: (22.214.171.124)
Boom! Box 6.5GT
Date Released: 03/27/2017
• Intermittent software lock up caused by long text strings in lists
• Traffic settings missing from setup menu for HDI software
• Intermittent loss of audio and voice recognition after prompt
• Siri not launching consistently if voice recognition is activated
• Software freeze with intermittent USB cable operation
• POI searches “near destination” was searching near current Position
• Unintentional exit from user off mode due to media playing
• High contrast mode fixes, track information, progress bar, and voice recognition commands visible in high contrast mode
• Screen pop-ups not clearing after Bluetooth pairing
• Screen freezes when using older/worn USB cables
• Blank screen occurrence when using navigation and requesting weather information
• Scrolling to last option in list causes an unintentional selection of last option
The Boom Box & Harley Davidson Ride Planner have been working pretty well together. The Boom Box Navigation has been more stable too! If you aren't using Harley Davidson's Ride Planner to integrate with your Boom!™ Box system then you are [Read more…]