I have Rick “Big Daddy” Kane in the studio for this episode. He owns both a Harley-Davidson Road Glide and an Indian Chieftain Limited. This year, Big Daddy decided to ride his Indian Chieftain on our 8-day, 7-State, 3,000-mile motorcycle trip instead of his Road Glide. He has ridden both these motorcycles on very long road trips now and is certainly qualified to give his opinion and thoughts.
This is not an episode of Harley vs. Indian. Big Daddy is very unbiased and loves both his Harley Road Glide and Indian Chieftain, which is why he owns both of them. He has some good and bad things to say about both motorcycles. Neither bike is perfect and each offers some different things. It is really up to each rider to consider what is most important to you personally and then choose a touring bike.
Big Daddy goes over many things in this episode. He likes the stock rear suspension on the Indian Chieftain over the Harley Road Glide. But he likes the gas mileage of his Harley much better. He says his Indian is a real “gas hog”. This is only one of many things he discusses.
At the end of the episode, Big Daddy reveals his favorite motorcycle for riding long distance and locally, so you'll have to listen in to find out!
NEW FREE VIDEO RELEASED:
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson & Goldwing
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- Steven Cox of Redmond, WA
- Jimmi Gerval of Yeronga, Australia
- Rick Wheeler of Brunswick, Ohio
- Greg Mathison of Orlando, Florida
- Mark Phipps of Thermopolis, Wyoming
- Brad Martin of Indianapolis, IN
- SUR Mike of Kannapolis, North Carolina
- Cory Roering of Osakis, Minnesota
- Thomas Henry of Washington D.C.
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation:
- Gary Cicale of Plaistow, New Hampshire
- Thomas Baker
- Kenneth Middleton of PENDING