I recently taught a Motor Officer Basic class here in the Yakima, Washington area with students from several agencies in which students complete many police motors skills drills. I get a lot of questions from the Law Abiding Biker community about these police motors skills drills. In this podcast, I'm joined by Lurch and we discuss the recent class as well as the successes and the debacles. Officers who've attended a Motor Officer Basic class will tell you it's some of the hardest training they've ever taken. It is physically and mentally demanding.
We had students riding Harley-Davidsons and BMWs. Both bikes hold up well to the punishment they receive during the training. Both have their positives and negatives. I discuss this in detail during the podcast. Common items that break are clutch levers, foot pegs, windshields, and kickstand springs.
We also talk about drills that civilian riders can do to improve their riding. Some examples are learning to work the “gray” area of your clutch, using your head and eyes correctly to make tight turns, and practicing emergency braking. These are diminishing skills that all riders should routinely practice.
NEW FREE VIDEO RELEASED:
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson & Goldwing
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- CLICK HERE
- Want to ride longer?
- Tired of a sore and achy ass?
- Then fix it with a high-quality Butt Buffer seat cushion?
- Donnie Eimen of Mammoth Lakes, California
- Denis Tremblay of Cap-Au-Renard, Quebec, Canada
- Jolly Harris of Pace, Florida
- Michael Loo of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- John McCoy of Harlem, Georgia
- Brett Fewson of Canberra, Australia
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation:
- Nicholas Ruopoli of East Meadow, New York
- Bradley Rupprecht of Salt Lake City, Utah
- William Jones
Join the Free Email Club!
If you appreciate this free information make sure to join the thousands of law abiding bikers that have already joined the free Email Club! You will be notified of new useful motorcycle content and techniques as we put them out. Join the Community now!