Podcast-In this podcast we discuss Royal Enfield motorcycles and their place in the motorcycling industry. Is Royal Enfield an actual competitor to Harley-Davidson? Enfield has a largely negligible presence in the U.S., and its bikes typically have small engines compared to the big bore bikes Harley produces.
In late 2017, Royal Enfield introduced in India its first big twin-engine motorcycle. They introduced the interceptor INT 650 and the Continental GT 650, bikes that will compete head-to-head with Harley's Street 750.
India only accounts for around 2% of Harley-Davidson's total sales, but it owns 60% of the big bike market there and a local player with a vastly larger distribution network could certainly create problems.
Royal Enfield is very popular and vastly outsells Harley-Davidson. However, Royal Enfield may be trying to get a bigger piece of the pie in the U.S. market. In the United States, Harley-Davidson has around 700 dealerships and Enfield only has just a few dozen in the U.S. and Canada. That said, Enfield's bikes could strike a chord with the emerging domestic motorcycle buyer.
NEW FREE VIDEO RELEASE:
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- Bill Newman of San Tan Valley, AZ
- Rick Berwick of Penhold, Alberta, CanadaBrad Shaver of California
- Brian Dooley of Clover, SC
- Michael England of Gaithersburg, MD
- Ben Simpson of Belle Fourche, SD
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation:
- Peter Woolfson of Chichester, West Sussex, UK
- Keith Brandt of Seattle, WA
- David Weber of Akron, Ohio
- Thomas Pellicciotti of Bridgeport, PA
- Michael Trapani
- William Bray of Skipperville, Alabama
Join the Free Email Club!
If you appreciate this free information make sure to join the thousands of law abiding bikers that have already joined the free Email Club! You will be notified of new useful motorcycle content and techniques as we put them out. Join the Community now!