In this episode, Lurch and I discuss a recent UCLA study, funded by Harley-Davidson, that says motorcycling reduces stress and increases alertness. A study from the Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, at the University of California, Los Angeles, seems to confirm that. Three UCLA researchers studied more than 50 motorcycle riders in tests that recorded their brain activity and hormone levels before, during and after riding a bike, driving a car and resting. Did they prove there are potential mental and physical benefits of riding your motorcycle? Well, listen in to this podcast episode and find out as we break it down for you.
Next, we talk about that fact that motorcycle lane splitting or lane filtering may be legalized and coming to your state in 2019? California is still the only state where lane splitting is legal and many other states are watching closely. Unfortunately, lane splitting has become a rather controversial topic. Mostly by those that don't understand the many benefits of motorcycle lane splitting & don't ride motorcycles themselves.
The following states are in different stages of possibly legalizing lane splitting:
Maryland, Connecticut, Utah, Oregon, Texas, and Hawaii. If legalized, each state has its own ideas and rules on how motorcycle lane splitting can be done. Things such as whether it can only be done when traffic is stopped and at what speeds you can actually do it.
So, listen in to the podcast episode as we break down each state and where they are at in the process and what the actual details are.
New Free Video Mentioned:
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson & Goldwing
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- John Ossie of Portland, Maine
- Timothy Jarvi of Petoskey, Michigan
- Doug Pani of Fulton, Missouri
- Daniel Horn, of Greely, Ontario, Canada
- Doug Phillips of Fate, TX
- Kevin Miller of New Paris, IN
- Buck Stroh of Creede, Colorado
- Scott Cogburn of Greeley, Colorado
- Christopher Green of Seattle, WA
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation: