In this episode, we discuss long distance street motorcycle riding and everything that surrounds it. Long distance riding is such a broad subject, so Squid and I keep it narrowly focused on our experiences over the years and what works and what doesn't work. Squid and I have both tested a bunch of street motorcycle riding gear over time. Some of it worked and other gear now sits on a shelf in a pile of “what did not work so well.”
We talk motorcycle riding gear such as jackets, pants, helmets, gloves, riding shoes, and heated gear. We also discuss other emergency roadside repair items we carry or have personally used.
For the most part, neither Squid nor I use leather anymore. Yes, we used to ride with leather as we knew no better. Then we started discovering all the progressive motorcycle riding gear that is lighter, waterproof, heated, and actually provides more protection than leather for our type of riding. If you still ride with all leather, then more power to you. Ride on!
In this episode, we also talk about motorcycle trip planning and the use of the Harley-Davidson Boom Box Infotainment System for such. Make sure to check out our entire Harley Boom Box Infotainment Infotainment System Video Tutorial Series!
You'll want to listen in to this entire podcast episode to get all the details.
Below are affiliate links to many of the items discussed in this episode. No additional cost to you, but if you click through and make a purchase we get a small commission. Some of the links are direct to the Law Abiding Biker Store.
Long Distance Street Motorcycle Riding Gear Mentioned:
- REV'IT Horizon 2 Jacket and Pants
- Shoei Neotec 2 Helmet
- Schuberth C3 Pro
- Drayko Protective Riding Jeans
- Rokker Protective Riding Jeans
- Dainese Protective Riding Shoes
- Icon Patrol 2 Boots
Heated Riding Gear Mentioned:
- First Gear Wired Heated Gear (Wireless Remote)
- Warm & Safe Generation 4 Men's Heated Liner – 12V Motorcycle
- Warm & Safe Heated Socks – 12V Motorcycle
- Warm & Safe Men's 12V Heat Layer Shirt
- Warm & Safe Generation Windblock Men's Heated Pants Liner
- Warm & Safe Dual Remote Control Heat-Troller
Emergency Motorcycle Roadside Repair Items in the Law Abiding Biker Store:
New Free Video Mentioned:
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson & Goldwing
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- Thanks to all our new Patron Members!
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation:
- Frank Simms
- Cary Baker of Northridge, CA
- Lynn Santosuosso of Barrington, NH