Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
In this episode, I'm joined by Lurch and we discuss how to replace Harley Davidson Twin Cam engine rocker cover and rocket cover housing gaskets. One of the gaskets on the front jug of my 2014 Street Glide Special has had a small leak for years. It wasn't much, but it was noticeable. We finally got caught up on other projects and it was time to do some work on my bike. Now, if your leak is like mine it can be extremely difficult to determine which of the two gaskets was the culprit. I figured I would just replace them both while the bike was torn down.
Check our YouTube Channel for videos on how to replace the rocker cover and rocker cover housing gaskets.
SUPPORT US AND SHOP IN THE OFFICIAL LAW ABIDING BIKER STORE
We replaced both gaskets and an o-ring for around $20 and we estimate the job would take you around four to five hours to complete the job. Use our free YouTube videos to complete this job and save yourself at least $500.
CHECK OUT OUR HUNDREDS OF FREE HELPFUL VIDEOS ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND SUBSCRIBE!
You don't need a motorcycle lift, jack, or any specialty tools to complete this project. Just basic tools are all you need.
ITEMS WE USED IN ADDITION TO BASIC TOOLS:
- GET 3 PIECE GASKET SCRAPER KIT HERE
- GET A TITAN MOTORCYCLE LIFT HERE
- GET BUGSLIDE WATERLESS MOTORCYCLE CLEANER HERE
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson & Goldwing
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- CLICK HERE
- Want to ride longer?
- Tired of a sore and achy ass?
- Then fix it with a high-quality Butt Buffer seat cushion?
- Robert Gaudet of Glendora, California
- David Roberts of Bixby, Ohio
- Ricardo Feliciano of Clermont, Florida
- Mike Newton
- Jeff Brickey of Chilhowie, Virginia
- Gene Schmeiler of Naugatuck, Connecticut
- Kirk Simmes of Jamestown, New York
- Mike Wiesenbach of Columbus, Ohio
- Shawn D
- Artemio Aganon of Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Stevy Faux of Eagle, Nebraska
- Pete Carvo of Yakima, Washington
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation:
- Steve Taft of Statesville, North Carolina
- Claude Maillet
- Steven Stratton of Stockton, California
Join the Free Email Club!
If you appreciate this free information make sure to join the thousands of law abiding bikers that have already joined the free Email Club! You will be notified of new useful motorcycle content and techniques as we put them out. Join the Community now!
Leave a Reply