Chris set out to visit all 51 National Parks in the lower 48 states in one motorcycle trip and he completed it! He normally rides a BMW adventure bike. However, Harley reached out to him and offered a Pan America for this trip and he couldn't say no.
Chris is no stranger to very long motorcycle road trips and has traveled around the world in the past. He saw this new record attempt as a challenge.
Chris Foster has some crazy stories to tell about this newest world record trip and past trips. When riding in Mexico once, he was stopped by men with machine guns, who fired into the air, stopped him, asked questions, but finally, let him go to continue his travels.
On this newest world record trip, Chris was actually struck by lightning while riding the Harley Pan America. Luckily, he survived to tell about it and it could have been much worse. These days, Chris says he doesn't mess around and when there is lighting happening while riding his motorcycle, he tries to find a safe place or shelter to wait it out.
Chris has had many unforeseen issues during his long motorcycle road trips, has been in some other peculiar situations, and it was really fun talking to him. He also rode through Death Valley and it was 127 degrees. He's got more stories to tell than we have time for!
Chris really got to test the Harley Pan America out during this recent 54-day motorcycle road trip. Chris gives his opinion of the Harley Pan America and how it held up. I must say this was a true test.
These are just some highlights and you really have to listen to this podcast episode to get all the details. You can learn more about Chris Foster on his website:
New Free Video Mentioned:
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson & Goldwing
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- James Locklear of Evan , GA
- Nathan Moudy
- Gordon Miller of Xenia, Ohio
- Tanner Stewart of Queen Creek, AZ
- Michael Bitolas of Rossmoor, California
- Shawn Anderson of Hayward, California
- Jeff Nawrot of Auburn, California
- Brian Bauer of Davisburg, Michigan
- Levon Ramos of Stockton, CA
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation:
- Wayne Duddlesten Jr of Grapeland, TX
- Scott LaCoss
- Peter Quigley of Doylestown, PA