Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
In this podcast, I'm joined by Lurch, and we cover everything you need to know about your Harley-Davidson sealed wheel bearings. We were replacing the rocker cover ad rocker cover housing gaskets on my 2014 Harley Street Glide Special. A step in the replacement procedures required us to rotate the rear tire. We noticed that my rear tire would move side to side and there was an audible “knocking” sound coming from the wheel as we manipulated it side to side.
We removed the tire and found that one of the sealed wheel bearings was failing.
SUPPORT US AND SHOP IN THE OFFICIAL LAW ABIDING BIKER STORE
You can get the Jims Bearing Tool we used in the video HERE.
The rear wheel of model years 2008 to current touring models equipped with ABS require three non-ABS bearings (Harley Part #9276B) and one ABS bearing (Harley Part #9252A). The front wheel requires one non-ABS and one ABS bearing. There is o difference in bearing parts numbers for the front and the rear wheel. Non-touring model rear wheels only require one ABS and one non-ABS bearing.
We sell All Balls Racing bearings in the Law Abiding Biker Store. You can shop them HERE.
CHECK OUT OUR HUNDREDS OF FREE HELPFUL VIDEOS ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND SUBSCRIBE!
We know some guys that change their bearings at every single tire change, just for good measure. Harley says you should inspect your wheel bearings at every tire change. You do this by inserting a finger into the inner race of the bearing and rotating it in both directions. The bearing should rotate freely and smoothly. If you note any drag, rough rotation, or abnormal noises you should replace them.
NEW FREE VIDEO RELEASED:
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson & Goldwing
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- CLICK HERE
- Want to ride longer?
- Tired of a sore and achy ass?
- Then fix it with a high-quality Butt Buffer seat cushion?
- Jack Arthur of Brownsburg, Indiana
- Cecil Howard of Ellensburg, Washington
- Roger Hardman
- Mike Maxwell of Topeka, Kansas
- Jordan Lombard of Portland, Oregon
- Stuart Domitz of Lino Lakes, Minnesota
- James Klein of Perkasie, Pennsylvania
- Greg Williams of Shelby, Ohio
- Bernie Pound of Surprise, Arizona
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation:
- Ryan Lambright of Shipshewana, Indiana
- Claude Maillet
- Monty Muehlebach of Pineville, Missouri