If you've ever been curious about getting and flying a drone to capture cool shots of your motorcycle rides or experiences, this is the episode for you. Many may think you can just buy a drone and that it's really easy. That's not true, as there are so many different drones and each one has its strong points and weak points. After purchase, you'll need to fully educate yourself prior to taking flight.
I have been flying drones for video productions for 9 years now and I can tell you that the industry and technology have changed rapidly during that time and continues to do so. As soon as the FAA required commercial pilots to be licensed, I obtained my part 107 certificate and have had it ever since. I am also a police drone pilot and trainer. I hope all of this qualifies me to talk about this subject matter.
SEE MY POPULAR DRONE REVIEW VIDEO:
If you think you are going to get a drone and then fly it whenever and wherever you want, please don't. I encourage you to do the proper research just as if you were going to drive a car on the roads for the first time. There are many rules and requirements that are regulated by the FAA. You may or may not have to register your drone with the FAA. And you may need to be properly licensed depending on certain things. I dive in deep, so listen in to this episode for all the details.
I also explain the differences between the autonomous functions of drones and manual flight. There are so many different drones and each pilot has different needs based on the project. No drone is perfect in every way, so before you buy one you'll want to know your particular needs and research heavily. That's why many of us have multiple drones in our fleet. We use specific drones for a particular projects.
If you want to know what it's like and the hard work involved prior to and while shooting one of my cross motorcycle road trip documentaries, you should listen in for sure. It might make you reconsider getting a drone at all. Of course, the drone is only one piece of the camera gear that I use for these projects.
NEW FREE VIDEO RELEASED:
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson & Goldwing
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- CLICK HERE
- Want to ride longer?
- Tired of a sore and achy ass?
- Then fix it with a high-quality Butt Buffer seat cushion?
- Mike Klein of Katy, Texas
- David Ward of Meridian, Idaho
- Richard Jennings of Portland, North Dakota
- Joe Palazzolo of Lombard, IL
- Erik Lipke
- Ernie Thompson of Frontenac, KS
- Robert Shuttles of Espanola, New Mexico
- Andrew Francis of Greenwood, Indiana
- Kevin Barnes of Knoxville, Tennessee
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation:
- Edward Ude of Brownsville, Texas
- Paul Mandiak of Front Royal, VA
- Jay Peterson Fremont, NE
Join the Free Email Club!
If you appreciate this free information make sure to join the thousands of law abiding bikers that have already joined the free Email Club! You will be notified of new useful motorcycle content and techniques as we put them out. Join the Community now!