I'm joined by Patreon Member Matt Haywood, Houston Stephens, and Lurch in this episode. Among other topics, we discuss carrying a firearm while riding. The four-member panel of this podcast consists of current or retired Law Enforcement Officers. Matt is the owner of Hard Focus Training and a firearms instructor. We dive into many laws related to carrying a firearm while riding your motorcycle across the U.S.
Whether you choose to carry a firearm on your person or in your saddlebags, 3 rules apply:
1) Carry a good quality Firearm
2) Carry that firearm in a good quality holster, specifically made for that firearm; ensuring the trigger/trigger guard is covered
3) Know the laws when carrying your firearm
A common trend of “Common Sense Gun Control” is to restrict the capacity of unfired cartridges a magazine can hold. States like California, Massachusetts, and most recently Washington; have enacted laws that restrict magazine capacity to 10 rounds. So what if you have a magazine that has a 15-round capacity while traveling?
Depending on the state you are traveling to, that answer may be different. In California, you can't carry a firearm unless you have a valid California permit, and permits are only issued to California residents. California also says you can't import magazines that have a capacity of over 10 rounds. To check out all 50 State gun laws, go HERE.
Be aware of these restrictive states and plan ahead to ensure you're still Law Abiding. If your travel plans include restrictive states that allow you to carry a firearm, bring only compliant magazines.
NEW FREE VIDEO RELEASED:
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson & Goldwing
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- CLICK HERE
- Want to ride longer?
- Tired of a sore and achy ass?
- Then fix it with a high-quality Butt Buffer seat cushion?
- Ken Romkema of La Quinta, California
- Leo Massaro of Henderson, Nevada
- Shaun Price of Wichita, Kansas
- Shannon Gonzales of San Antonio, Texas
- Wesley Grills of Wellington, Ohio
- Mike Lysik of Yorba Linda, California
- Brian Monroe of Kingsport, Tennessee
- Andy Mcbryear
- Jason Glover of Nashville, North Carolina
- Douglas Lowe of Tacoma, Washington
- Donald Moore of Kyle, Texas
- Bob Wolin of Sisters, Oregon
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation:
- Edward Begiebing of Jacksonville, Vermont
- Douglas Emerson
- Peter Hando
Join the Free Email Club!
If you appreciate this free information make sure to join the thousands of law abiding bikers that have already joined the free Email Club! You will be notified of new useful motorcycle content and techniques as we put them out. Join the Community now!