Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
We compare an Indian Challenger to a Harley Road Glide in this podcast episode and tell you what you need to know if you are considering purchasing either. We were fortunate to have this Indian Challenger for a few weeks and filmed a complete 12″ handlebar and heated grips install on it.
SUPPORT US AND SHOP IN THE OFFICIAL LAW ABIDING BIKER STORE
I ride a 2018 police Harley Electra Glide with the Milwaukee-Eight 107 ci air-cooled V-Twin engine for my day job so I can loosely compare it to the new Powerplus 108 ci liquid-cooled engine coming in the Indian Challenger. I also ride my Harley Street Glide Special with the 103 ci engine off-duty many thousands of miles a year along with other bikes. I am also a police motorcycle instructor and I hope all of this qualifies me to review and compare the Indian to the Harley-Davidson.
I used the base model of the Indian Challenger for this review. Now, this base model is identical to the Indian Challenger “Limited” and the Dark Horse, the black limited model, except for they cost $5,000 more.
But, those more premium models are also coming with a few extra things and those are:
Baked in GPS Navigation in the Ride Command Infotainment System
Remotely locking saddlebags
TPMS-Tire Pressure Management System
Indian “Smart Lean Technology”
CHECK OUT OUR HUNDREDS OF FREE HELPFUL VIDEOS ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND SUBSCRIBE!
Smart Lean Technology is Indian's version of Harley's RDRS or Reflex Defensive Rider System. Basically, both these systems adjust traction control and ABS systems based on lean angle making riding safer. Now, that's a very dumbed-down version of what these systems do. If you want to learn all about RDRS and whether you should spend the money on it, check my RDRS video out.
- For a Complete Breakdown & Differences Between The Harley Road Glide and Indian Challenger See My Article Here!
The Indian is a badass bike and I think you'd be totally satisfied if you purchased it. The same thing goes for the Harley Road Glide. Much of it will come down to rider preference. If money were not an issue, I'd own one of each.
You'll need to listen to this podcast episode to hear all the finer details and our opinions!
New Free Video Mentioned:
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson & Goldwing
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- Ben Staffey of Peoria, AZ
- Dennis Doyle of Hillsboro, OH
- Kevin Mead of Carrollton, Texas
- Dustin Cleary of Cle Elum, WA
- Mark Grote of Burleson , Texas
- Bruce Griffin of Mayo, FL
- Mika Alenius of Hämeenlinna, Finland
- Jeremy Thornsberry of Morehead , KY
- Jim Peebles of Kingsland, TX
- Justin Thesing of Fort Ripley, Minnesota
- Barrett Coller of Watauga, TX
- Michael Hennen of Buffalo, Minnesota
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation:
- Guy Costa
- Shane Gibson of Mountain View, CA
- Cory Kaiser of Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
Dennis M McKee Jr says
The Indian motorcycle rides great. But, the Polaris corporate office will not let the dealers fix serious issues with your bike under warranty. So, if you have a problem with the bike, then you are out of luck. I have one sitting in my driveway that is useless. I ride my Street Glide, instead. Never, again!!!