In this episode, we talk about Lurch's first adventure motorcycle rides. Dirt riding is new to Lurch. He's played in the dirt with 4-wheelers, ATVs, and 4×4 trucks, but not on a motorcycle. Those of your who follow us know that we have been diving deeper and deeper into the adventure bike world. Oscar and I have had adventure bikes for a few years. Big Daddy Kane has had one for a while as well.
After Lurch retired from his law enforcement career he decided to join us. We tell funny stories and talk about crashes. (See one of Lurch's crash videos below)
For Lurch's first trip, we took him over Durr Road from Selah, WA to Ellensburg, WA through the LT Murray Wildlife Area. The road is a mix of gravel, rock, and dirt. Oscar and I didn't recall it being technical in some areas, but I guess we forgot a few spots. The Backroad Discovery Route for Washington uses this route. They consider parts of it to be difficult and offer an easier route over Ellensburg Pass. Lurch gave us a bad time for saying it would be an easy gravel road for his first trip, but he survived.
The second trip for lurch was up to the Jump Off Joe lookout tower. It overlooks the Rimrock Lake and Yakima Valleys. Again, I figured this would be an easy ride for Lurch. Unfortunately, I was wrong. A communication tower was being erected near the lookout tower. This meant heavy trucks and equipment were using the road. They turned the road to axle-deep powder dirt in places. Lurch slogged through it fine on the way up. He almost made it out of the powder on the way down, but he crashed near the end of it (see video below). Lurch is a good sport and I appreciate him letting me tease him and use the footage.
We're carrying Happy Trails adventure bike products in our store. You can shop them HERE.
NEW FREE VIDEO RELEASED:
If you appreciate all the free content we put out, please consider supporting us by using our affiliate links below. No additional cost to you and if you do click through and make a purchase we do get a small commission. Thanks in advance.
GET A SCORPION EXO-AT950 HERE
Revzilla | J&P Cycles | Cycle Gear | Amazon
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson & Goldwing
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- CLICK HERE
- Want to ride longer?
- Tired of a sore and achy ass?
- Then fix it with a high-quality Butt Buffer seat cushion?
- Kelley Giblin of Eagan, Minnesota
- Roy A Miller of Riverside, Illinois
- Robert Kemp of Glen Rose, Texas
- Loren White of Zionsville, Indiana
- Donald Richter of Raymond, Washington
- Mark Mcgrath of Camlough, Newry, United Kingdom
- Scott Danielson of Saratoga Springs, Utah
- Artemio Aganon of Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Michael Nelson of Tucson, Arizona
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation:
- Monty Muehlebach
- Garry Bird of Sturgeon County, Alberta, Canada
- Edward Begiebing
Join the Free Email Club!
If you appreciate this free information make sure to join the thousands of law abiding bikers that have already joined the free Email Club! You will be notified of new useful motorcycle content and techniques as we put them out. Join the Community now!