We discuss the recent Police Motorcycle Escort School Oscar and I recently attended in Spokane, Wa. We try and go to this school each year to stay up to date with practices and procedures. One of the most dangerous things that Police Motor Officers do are escorts. By training often we can minimize the risks associated.
Many Police Motor Agencies in Washington State train together and use the same specific hand signals, practices, and protocols. This is important as many times local agencies will call outside agencies to help with larger scale escorts, like a dignitary escort as an example. It's very important that agencies follow the same rules and practices or risks go way up.
It's a good idea for Police Motor Officers to train in an unfamiliar area because it is likely they will be called to do an escort in a city that is not familiar. Pre-rides and safety briefs are done prior to an escort, but unfamiliar roads make it a bit more dangerous.
Oscar attended the North American Motor Officer Association training in and competition recently in Hillsboro, Oregon. This event is awesome and lasts about 3 days. Officers throughout North America get together and train hard together for several days before competing. I went last year and really enjoyed it. I was not able to attend this year as I was recently at Police Motor Instructor School in Spokane, Wa for about 2 1/2 weeks. Then I was off to Police Motor Escort School, so it was too much to pack in.
Oscar, Michael, and I discuss these events and schools and give you an inside look. Oscar discusses his brand new 2018 BMW Police R1200RT and I discuss my brand new 2018 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide with Milwaukee-Eight motor. We'll give you our opinions of course and tell you whether the upgrade to a Harley Milwaukee-Eight motor is worth it or not.
Remember that no matter what your current motorcycle riding abilities are, always train and push yourself to the next level. Being a good rider and prepared can save your life.
Check out a 4 part video series I did about Police Motorcycle Instructor School.
New Free Videos Mentioned:
Police Basic Motorcycle Instructor School Vlog Series:
- Police Motorcycle Instructor School Training Certification-Spokane, WA-Law Abiding Biker-PT1-VLOG
- Basic Police Motorcycle School-Instructor-Spokane, Wa-High Speed Track & Off Road Riding-PT2-VLOG
- Basic Police Motorcycle School-Final Qualification-Dirt & Trail Riding-Night Riding Spokane, WA-PT3-VLOG
- Basic Police Motorcycle School-High Speed Fast Track Spokane, WA-County Raceway-PT4-VLOG
- CLICK HERE!
- Innovative products for Harley-Davidson
- Affordable chrome, lighting, and comfort products
- Ciro 3D has a passion for design and innovation
- CLICK HERE
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Luggage Rack Solution
- Forget those messy straps and bungee cords
- Go strapless with a RickRak quick attach luggage system & quality bag
- Ben Spardo of Centerville, Maine
- Steven Whitman of Danville, New Hampshire
- Christopher Bohmer of St Peter, Minnesota
- Tanner Wilson of Fort Hood, Texas
- Joseph Baker Jr. of location unknown
- Chris Ralls of San Antonia, Texas
- Florian Anthony Placzek of Gretna, Nebraska
- Darrence Lovejoy of Charlotte, NC
- Scotty Grist of Dana Point, CA
If you appreciate the content we put out and want to make sure it keeps on coming your way then become a Patron too! There are benefits and there is no risk.
Thanks to the following bikers for supporting us via a flat donation:
- Stuart Koensgen of Manitoba, Canada
- Garry Euler of SEBRING, FL
- John Phillips of Yakima, Wa
- Chuck Darby of Lubbock, Texas
- Puddy Espenship of Location Unknown
- Rick Bennett of Dallas, Texas
Join the Free Email Club!
If you appreciate this free information make sure to join the thousands of law abiding bikers that have already joined the free Email Club! You will be notified of new useful motorcycle content and techniques as we put them out. Join the Community now!